Writing a novel is about finding that one great idea and then knowing what to do with it. Once you have the idea – and this course can even help you with that – it’s all about how you craft your story and how you develop your writing style. Following the lesson modules in this course, you’ll learn how to do both, and as your knowledge grows, so will your confidence.
We all have a story in us and this course will show you how to bring your story to life as intriguingly and amazingly as in any bestseller in the shops now. It will guide you through the tips and techniques of writing, and once you know the basics, you’ll find your life story will simply take off and practically write itself!
About your Instructor:
Debrah Martin has been writing and self-publishing for over 10 years. She has 13 books in print or about to be released by the end of 2020, across a variety of genres and including two instructional books on creative writing and publishing and oil painting. With a number of bestsellers, and two writing awards, she also mentors, edits and ghostwrites anything from fiction of any kind all the way through to academic research papers.
This course will take you through:
- Finding and developing an idea into a storyline.
- Plotting a great story.
- Creating hooks and twists to keep readers intrigued.
- Organising the main content of your story to create pace and tension.
- Building credible characters. Your readers will fall in love with – or hate!
- Developing your writing style and finding your ‘voice’.
- The trickier techniques of writing – Point of View and building atmosphere.
- How to edit your first draft.
Plus give you an overview of what you could do with your finished story, so… let’s get started!